• Distance- 250 km, Altitude 1,900m/6,200ft.
• Pick up from Rishikesh bus station 06:00am/TTH office 07:00am.
• Driving Time-10-11 hrs.
• Last ATM point available in Joshimath.
• Market available in Joshimath.
• Networks available all along the way.
• Guest house stay (Shared Accommodation).
• Rishikesh to Devprayag (confluence of Bhagirathi river and Alaknanda river)
• Devprayag to Srinagar
• Srinagar to Rudrapryag (confluence of Mandakini river and Alaknanda river)
• Rudrapryag to Karnprayag (confluence of Pindar river and Alaknanda river)
• 20 km, 40 minutes, Govindghat (2,000m/6,800ft). travel included in the cost.
• 5 km 10 minutes, Pulna. travel included in the cost.
• 9 km 4 hours, Pulna to Ghangharia (2,290m/9,800ft).
• Gradual ascent on a stone-paved path, all the way along the river.
• Water is available along the route.
• Packed lunch will be given.
• Mule and porter facility is available from Pulna.
• BSNL network available at Ghangaria.
• Helicopter service available from Govind ghat to Ghangaria and fro only if weather allow (Not included).
• Stay in guest house (Shared Accommodation).
Note worthy Site: Govinddham Gurduwara, Govindghat; Hemkund Gurduwara base, Ghangharia; Valley of Flowers Information Center; Ghangharia
• Altitude- 3,500m/11,500ft.
• Distance- 4 km, each way.
• Trek Time- 7 hours.
• The Valley is 6-7 km long, ends with a glacier.
• Mixed incline till the valley followed by level walk on grassland.
• Can refill water bottles from streams on the way.
• Packed lunch will be given, no food available in the valley.
• Camping inside the valley is not allowed, can’t stay after sunset.
• Night stay in Guest house (Shared Accommodation).
Prominent flowers:- Blue Poppy, Snake Foil, White Leaf Hog Foot, Himalayan Rose, Meadow Geranium, Dog Flower, Hooked Stick Seed, and River Anemone.
• Altitude- 4,300m/14,100 ft.
• Distance- 5.5 km, each way.
• Trek Time- 7 hours.
• Gradual and steep mixed ascent on a stair welled stone-paved path.
• Mule ride service is available till Hemkund Sahib.
• Can refill water from road side dhabas.
• Hot lunch at Gurduwara langar.
• Brahma Kamal, Himalayan blue poppy can be seen on the way to Hemkund Sahib.
• Night stay in Guest house.
• Distance to Govind Ghat- 13 km
• Trek Time-5 hours • Driving Time- 20 mins
• Packed lunch • Guest house stay
Note- GovindGhat to Badrinath is landslide prone area in monsoon time so if our leaders find that your safety is in risk due to weather condition/ landslide or road blockage then we shall skip Badrinath altogether and drive to Joshimath directly.
• After Morning Tea/Coffee, Depart to home.
• you’ll reach Rishikesh between 5 -6:00 pm. You can book further travel any time after 7:00 pm.
Note- Travel to Rishikesh is exclusive of charges, we can arrange the transportation on demand.
Trek The Himalayas is a leading adventure company in India with a team of experienced and well equipped personnel. We have been organizing treks and mountaineering expeditions for decades spanning multiple regions in the Indian Himalayas. Our deep local knowledge and experience in the Himalayas ensure that our itineraries factor in the local sensibilities and ground realities. We are very grounded, and have grown over the years while learning from our mistakes and incorporating comments and suggestions of our valuable clients. Our experienced team of local guides and sherpas work overtime to ensure that we provide high quality experiences of exceptional value with no hidden costs. Whether you are the greenest of beginners or one of the sharpest professional adventure travellers, we can cater to your needs.
Here is a list of our credentials
Cancellations prior to 07 days from the start of the Trek: Get a full refund (minus 5% trek cost). The money will be transferred to the same bank account from where the transaction was made.
Cancellations prior to 06 days from the start of the Trek: 100% full refund of trek cost in form of Trek The Himalayas trek voucher valid for 1 year from date of issue. This voucher is applicable for Indian treks only.
Cancellation on Start of Trek date: Get 20% refund of trek cost in form of Trek The Himalayas trek voucher valid for 1 year from date of issue. This voucher is applicable for Indian treks only.
Cash Voucher Terms:
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. "Trek The Himalayas" reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which TTH or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays and/or other changes are the responsibility of the participant. TTH reserves the right to decline, or accept, any individual as a trip member for any reason whatsoever.
*for 15 pax
The legendary popularity of the Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand is one of the most compelling reasons to visit this UNESCO World Heritage site. This popularity stems from the intoxicating mix of fragrances arising from some of the rarest Himalayan flora as well as the calm, quaint lake nestled at the height of 14,400 meters.
The Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand Trek opens for the public on 1st June each year. The national park remains open from the month of June to October. Though the Valley starts transforming into its beautiful self from May, with June and September being the peak months attracting tourists, July and August are the months where the flora bloom. Hence, you will find the Valley of Flowers to be highly alluring during these months, with beautiful and rare flowers growing all around.
It is advised to start early from Ghangaria when you are entering the Valley of Flowers. Since it is an acclaimed UNESCO World Heritage site, you need to enter your names in the register, pay the required entry fees, and declare all plastic items you are carrying along with you. The Valley of Flowers opens for tourists at 7:00 am each day, and the latest entry is allowed till 2:00 pm. It is recommended to start back by 1:00 pm so that you can reach your campsite or lodge by 5:00-6:00 pm.
You should always carry extra pairs of socks, ponchos or raincoats, a torch, and spare batteries for your camera while trekking the Valley of Flowers. The weather above 3500 meters is quite unpredictable, and hence you should do careful research before embarking on this trek. Take note of the weather and the road conditions, particularly during the monsoon season.
If you face any kind of emergency while trekking the Valley of Flowers, you should contact the following.
- Uttarakhand Glacier burst helpline- 1070/9557444486
- Police: 112
- Ambulance: 108/102
- Fire: 101
- Child helpline: 1098
- Women helpline: 1090
- NDMA (Disaster management): 1070/1078/9711077372
- Anti poison helpline- 011-1066 (Delhi)
This depends on your itinerary in the Valley of Flowers. However, to fully experience the majesty and beauty of this region, a typical itinerary is between 5-6 days. The first and final days are usually spent travelling to and from the valley, and then you have 3-4 action-packed days in-between to explore this area.
The Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand Trek is not considered a particularly tough adventure. On average it has a low to medium difficulty rating. In terms of physical activity, you will need a decent level of fitness, and walking experience is also beneficial. The hiking trails are not particularly difficult; however, you will cover a decent distance of up to 13km on some days.