Receive information on multiple itineraries for Valley of Flowers Trek. Book your spot now !
• In Joshimath, you will get the last ATM point.
• You will also get a small market in Joshimath
• You will not face any networks problem all along the way
• Night stay will be scheduled in a guest house with shared accommodation
• 21 km drive from Joshimath to Govindghat which is located at a height of 1828 m. The drive will be of 30 Min.
• 4 km drive to Pulna then 9 km trek to reach Ghangaria which is situated at an altitude of 3049 m. You will reach in 4 hrs at Ghangaria.
• You will trek on a gradual ascent on a stone-paved path along with the river.
• Water is available all along the route so you can refill your water bottles easily.
• Trekkers will be served with packed lunch
• From Pulna, Mule and porter facility is available at extra cost
• BSNL network will be available only at Ghangaria
• Helicopter service is also available from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria if the weather is good (this cost is not included)
• Night stay in the guest house
• You will also come across some of the amazing sites such as Govind Dham Gurudwara, Govindghat, Hemkund Gurudwara base, Information Center.
Meals: B, L, D
• Elevation or altitude- 3,500m/11,500ft.
• Distance- Each way it's 4km.
• Be prepared, as you will be trekking for 7 long hours.
• The valley is almost 6-7km long and ends with a glacier.
• Till the valley, you will find mixed gradient along with level walk on grassland
• On the way, you will come across several streams that are perfect for refilling your water bottles.
• Packed lunch will be served as no food is available in the valley
• Before the sunset, we will return back to Ghangaria as camping is not allowed inside the valley
• A night stay will be scheduled in a guest house.
• In the valley, you will come across beautiful & unique flowers like white leaf hog foot, blue poppy, Himalayan rose, snake foil, dog flower, river anemone, meadow geranium, and hooked stick seed.
Meals: B, L, D
• Located at an altitude of 4,300m/14,100ft.
• The distance is 5.5km each way; it is going to be a 7 hours long trek.
• The trek path has a gradual and steep mixed ascent.
• Till Hemkund Sahib, a mule ride service is available.
• From road side dhabas, you can easily refill your water bottles.
• You will be served with hot lunch at Gurudwara langar.
• On the way to Hemkund Sahib, you can find Himalayan blue poppy; Brahma Kamal.
• A night stay will be scheduled in the guest house at Ghangaria.
Meals: B, L, D
• The trekking distance from Ghangaria to Pulna to Govindghat is total 13 km which will take a 4 hour time.
• It is just a 20-minute drive from Govindghat to Joshimath.
• All the trekkers will be served with hot and delicious packed lunch on the way.
• A night stay will be scheduled in the guest house at Joshimath.
Meals: B, L, D
• After having breakfast, you can depart from joshimath.
• Get your bookings and tickets done accordingly.
A. Booking Terms
Considering the sudden increase in COVID cases and keeping in mind our customers' interest and wellbeing, Reccy, in partnership with the concerned operator, is offering more flexible booking and cancellation terms, applicable to bookings made in the period from January 14, 2022 to March 31, 2022.
All other terms as mentioned in the Trip Terms & Conditions section below shall remain unchanged.
If the date of booking is before the midnight of the 8th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date), then an advance, which is typically 25% of the total booking value including any applicable taxes is payable at the time of booking. The balance amount is payable before the midnight of the 8th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date). If a customer fails to make the balance payment before the midnight of the 4th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date), his / her booking shall stand cancelled.
If the date of booking is after the midnight of the 8th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date), then the total booking value including any applicable taxes, is payable at the time of booking.
Payments for bookings shall be made online, through the payment gateway of reccytravel.com or other online modes, as advised by the Reccy relationship manager.
B. Group Discounts
Reccy offers discounts for large groups, typically comprising 6 persons or more. Please contact your Reccy relationship manager to know more.
C. Cancellation Policy
In the event a customer cancels his / her booking, for any reason, before the midnight of the 8th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date), the amount paid by the customer for that booking shall be refunded to the customer, net of a 5% transaction charge, within 7 days of the customer notifying Reccy in writing, regarding his / her decision to cancel.
In the event a customer cancels his / her booking, for any reason, before the midnight of the 4th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date), but after the midnight of the 8th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date), provided the customer has paid the total booking value of the trip including any applicable taxes before the midnight of the 8th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date), Reccy shall issue to the customer a voucher equivalent to the amount paid by the customer related to that booking. The voucher can be used by the customer for making any purchase in reccytravel.com or any affiliate site, within 12 months of the voucher issuance date. No voucher shall be issued if the customer has not paid the total booking value of the trip including any applicable taxes before the midnight of the 8th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date) or earlier.
In the event a customer cancels his / her booking, for any reason, after the midnight of the 4th day prior to the trip start date (to be calculated excluding the trip start date), no amount shall be payable, and no voucher shall be issued to the customer.
D. Changes to and / or cancellation of trips
Reccytravel.com is a booking platform and is not involved, in any manner whatsoever, in the delivery of services related to the bookings made by customers through its website.
Itineraries shown are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. The operators reserve the right to change expedition / trek / package dates, people or itineraries as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which the operator or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays and/or other changes are the responsibility of the participant. The operator reserves the right to decline, or accept, any individual as a trip member for any reason whatsoever.
*for 15 pax
The legendary popularity of the Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand is one of the most compelling reasons to visit this UNESCO World Heritage site. This popularity stems from the intoxicating mix of fragrances arising from some of the rarest Himalayan flora as well as the calm, quaint lake nestled at the height of 14,400 meters.
The Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand Trek opens for the public on 1st June each year. The national park remains open from the month of June to October. Though the Valley starts transforming into its beautiful self from May, with June and September being the peak months attracting tourists, July and August are the months where the flora bloom. Hence, you will find the Valley of Flowers to be highly alluring during these months, with beautiful and rare flowers growing all around.
It is advised to start early from Ghangaria when you are entering the Valley of Flowers. Since it is an acclaimed UNESCO World Heritage site, you need to enter your names in the register, pay the required entry fees, and declare all plastic items you are carrying along with you. The Valley of Flowers opens for tourists at 7:00 am each day, and the latest entry is allowed till 2:00 pm. It is recommended to start back by 1:00 pm so that you can reach your campsite or lodge by 5:00-6:00 pm.
You should always carry extra pairs of socks, ponchos or raincoats, a torch, and spare batteries for your camera while trekking the Valley of Flowers. The weather above 3500 meters is quite unpredictable, and hence you should do careful research before embarking on this trek. Take note of the weather and the road conditions, particularly during the monsoon season.
If you face any kind of emergency while trekking the Valley of Flowers, you should contact the following.
- Uttarakhand Glacier burst helpline- 1070/9557444486
- Police: 112
- Ambulance: 108/102
- Fire: 101
- Child helpline: 1098
- Women helpline: 1090
- NDMA (Disaster management): 1070/1078/9711077372
- Anti poison helpline- 011-1066 (Delhi)
This depends on your itinerary in the Valley of Flowers. However, to fully experience the majesty and beauty of this region, a typical itinerary is between 5-6 days. The first and final days are usually spent travelling to and from the valley, and then you have 3-4 action-packed days in-between to explore this area.
The Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand Trek is not considered a particularly tough adventure. On average it has a low to medium difficulty rating. In terms of physical activity, you will need a decent level of fitness, and walking experience is also beneficial. The hiking trails are not particularly difficult; however, you will cover a decent distance of up to 13km on some days.
The Monsoons are the best time to visit the Valley of Flowers. You can catch a glimpse of the beauty of the mountainous flora and vegetation in its full bloom during this time. The national park remains open to trekkers from the first week of June to the first week of October.
During June, July, August, and September, temperatures remain mild considering the Himalayan climate. It might rise as high as 20°C during the day and drop down to 5°C at night. The rainy weather has an inherent humidity level in the air, and when coupled with the cool winds, it creates a nippy feeling.
The best months to embark on this trek are July and August. During early June, melting snow can be seen finding its way into the Hemkund lake. By the end of August, the rain clouds retreat, and you get to experience a clearer sky.
Starting from Rishikesh, take a direct bus, or book a cab to reach Joshimath 225 km away. Following an overnight stay here, start early for Govindghat by booking a car – an SUV charges around INR 7000 (USD 100 approximately) while a tempo traveler charges around INR 10,000 (USD 140-150) (rates may change). This is a journey of around 22 km. From Govindghat, take a car to Pulna village 4 km away via the recently built motorable bridge. Trek to Ghangaria from Pulna for another 10 km. It's the starting point of the trek to Valley of Flowers.
Valley of Flowers is among the most famous and oldest treks in India. This trekking trail has been well-explored by expert trekkers. The trails are demarcated clearly and frequented by pilgrims and locals to ensure their safety.
Since the monsoons are the peak season for trekking here, you must be careful of the slippery slopes during rainfall. Altitude sickness is another factor, but with patience and the proper medication when necessary, that can be overcome. You have got nothing much to worry about if you are physically and mentally ready for this trek.
The entire trekking path of the Valley of Flowers is around 17 km. You will be covering 10 km from Pulna village to Ghangaria village on the first day. From here, you will trek to the Valley of Flowers and back to Ghangaria village, covering a distance of 7.5 km in total. On the next day, you will be traveling for a total of 12 km to Hemkund Sahib and back to Ghangaria. The entire trip from Rishikesh to the Valley of Flowers, exploring Hemkund Sahib, and back to Rishikesh takes less than a week.
If you have geared up well for the rainy season in the Himalayan climate, it is perfectly okay for you to embark on this trek. Valley of Flowers has been classified as a moderate-level trek, so you can cover it on your own on a solo trek or visit with a group of fellow trekkers according to your comfort. If you are careful about the slippery terrain during rainfall, this trek is not too dangerous.
As the name suggests, you can witness the true beauty of Himalayan monsoons through the endemic alpine flowers that are in full bloom at this time of the year in the Valley of Flowers. This region consists of several rare and endangered species of flora and fauna. There are thousands of nearly extinct medicinal plants that are found in this valley. The picturesque valley is also dotted with rapids and waterfalls. You can interact with the warm and welcoming local people here going about their rural lives.
Rishikesh | India
Rishikesh | India
Rishikesh | India
Rishikesh | India
Rishikesh | India
Rishikesh | India