• Altitude: 6724 ft
• 256 kms drive, approx 10 hours
• Trekkers will be picked from Haridwar at 6:30am in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle (cost is included)
• Arrive at Joshimath by approx. 5 pm – (tea, briefing of the trek & dinner)
• Breakfast and Lunch on the way (exclusive of charges)
• Accommodation at the guest house
• Telephone Network- Available
• Haridwar to Rishikesh (best place for white water rafting, trekking gear available on rent and purchase)
• Rishikesh to Devprayag (confluence of Bhagirathi river and Alaknanda river)
• Devprayag to Srinagar
• Srinagar to Rudrapryag (confluence of Mandakini river and Alaknanda river)
• Rudrapryag to Karnprayag (confluence of Pindar river and Alaknanda river)
Note: You can reach Rishikesh a day earlier for rafting. On the day of the trek, we can arrange your pickup from Rishikesh.
• Altitude: 9600 ft
• 12 kms drive and 6 kms trek, approx 4 hrs
• The trail is a mix of steep and gradual ascent, mostly through villages.
• Hot lunch at camp site
• Water Points- Available at villages in passing
• Accommodation in tent
• Peaks spotted: Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat
• Drive from Joshimath to Dhak village (6790 ft) (12 kms)
• Trek from Dhak village to Tugasi village (8040 ft) (3.5 kms trek)
• Trek from Tugasi village to Gulling village (8990 ft) (2 kms trek)
• Gulling village to Gulling top camp site (9600 ft) (0.5 km Trek)
Meals: L, D
• Altitude 11070 ft
• 4 km trek, approx 5 hrs
• Gulling Top to Forest Hut (first and last water point) (9840 ft) (1 km trek)
• Forest hut to Tali top (Tali lake is there, steep ascent ) (11480 ft) (2 km trek)
• Tali top to Tali top forest camp site (gradual descent) (11070 ft) (1 km trek)
• Oak, Rhododendron (mostly pink and white), walnut forest
• Accommodation in tent
• Peaks:- Nanda Devi, Kalanka, Chang bang, Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat
Meals: B, L, D
• Altitude 12,763 ft
• 15 km trek, approx 11 hrs
• Tali forest camp to Khullara top (moderate ascent) (11800 ft) (3.5 km trek)
• Khullara top to broken bridge with frozen stream (traverse walk) (12300 ft) (2.5 km trek)
• Broken bridge to KUARI PASS (Strenuous climb) (12763 ft) (1.5 km trek)
• Today is the toughest day • Carry enough water (no water source on the way)
• Early morning after breakfast start trek to Kuari pass
• Peaks:- Kedarnath Peak, Kedardome, Chaukhambha, Balakun, Neel Kantha, Mukut Parvat, Kamet, Abhi Gamin, Mana I, Ghori Parvat, Hathi Parvat, Dronagiri, Kalanka, Chang Bang, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti
Meals: B, L, D
• 8 km trek, approx 7 hrs, 13 km drive
• Tali forest camp to Tali lake (111480 ft) (1 km trek)
• Tali lake to Gurson bugyal (11150 ft) (3.5 km trek)
• Gurson bugyal to Auli (9680 ft) (3.5 km trek)
• Auli to Joshimath (6724 ft) (13 km drive)
• Breakfast at Tali camp site
• Lunch Pack on the way
• Joshimath (evening tea, debriefing, dinner)
Meals: B, L
• 256 km drive, approx 10 hrs
• Ride will commence at 6 am, reaching destination at around 6 pm
• Breakfast and Lunch will be on the way at a roadside inn, exclusive of charges
Note: On Day 6, you’ll reach Haridwar between 6 pm and 7 pm. You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.
Trek The Himalayas is a leading adventure company in India with a team of experienced and well equipped personnel. We have been organizing treks and mountaineering expeditions for decades spanning multiple regions in the Indian Himalayas. Our deep local knowledge and experience in the Himalayas ensure that our itineraries factor in the local sensibilities and ground realities. We are very grounded, and have grown over the years while learning from our mistakes and incorporating comments and suggestions of our valuable clients. Our experienced team of local guides and sherpas work overtime to ensure that we provide high quality experiences of exceptional value with no hidden costs. Whether you are the greenest of beginners or one of the sharpest professional adventure travellers, we can cater to your needs.
Here is a list of our credentials
Cancellations prior to 07 days from the start of the Trek: Get a full refund (minus 5% trek cost). The money will be transferred to the same bank account from where the transaction was made.
Cancellations prior to 06 days from the start of the Trek: 100% full refund of trek cost in form of Trek The Himalayas trek voucher valid for 1 year from date of issue. This voucher is applicable for Indian treks only.
Cancellation on Start of Trek date: Get 20% refund of trek cost in form of Trek The Himalayas trek voucher valid for 1 year from date of issue. This voucher is applicable for Indian treks only.
Cash Voucher Terms:
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. "Trek The Himalayas" reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which TTH or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays and/or other changes are the responsibility of the participant. TTH reserves the right to decline, or accept, any individual as a trip member for any reason whatsoever.
*for 15 pax
The winter Kuari Pass trek offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to experience the stunning Garhwal region at its most magical. Hikers will lose themselves in silent snow-covered forests and expansive glacial fields, and get up close and personal with one of the highest peaks in the world, the Nanda Devi.
Understand the effects of high altitude on your body before you begin the trek. The symptoms of Acute Mountain Sickness include headaches, nausea, and muscle weakness. Follow the instructions of the trek leader if you feel any of these symptoms.
Himalayan weather can be unpredictable, particularly in the winter months. It’s important to keep up to date with the latest forecasts and to follow the instructions of your trek leader.
Chances are that your mobile telephone will be out of service for the duration of the hike. Many tour operators use walkie-talkies to communicate. If you are completing the trek without a guide, ensure you have a way of reaching out for help in an emergency.
If you face any emergency while embarking on this trek, you should contact the following.
- Uttarakhand Glacier burst helpline- 1070/9557444486
- Police: 112
- Ambulance: 108/102
- Fire: 101
- Child helpline: 1098
- Women helpline: 1090
- NDMA (Disaster management): 1070/1078/9711077372
- Anti poison helpline- 011-1066 (Delhi)