About Aquaterra Adventures
We are one of India’s leading adventure tour operator, that specialises in Treks & River Rafting in the Indian Himalayas and beyond. Offering personalized itineraries and routes you’d be hard pressed to find a more experienced, fun loving, safety conscious tour operator in India.
We are the only Indian adventure outfitter to be on the 2008 & 2009 list of the world’s best adventure travel outfitters in the first Authoritative Rating of Adventure Tour Operators, selected and conducted in a global survey by National Geographic Society.
If you’ve dreamt of a particular journey or an adventure in India, let us know. We’ll make it happen. No matter how bizarre or wild or difficult. If you choose to travel with us all you have to worry about is having the time of your life.
We have been running trips and tours for the discerning traveller throughout the Indian Himalayas since 1995, yet the experience of our travel personnel dates well beyond that, to years of leading trips throughout the Indian Himalayan belt. We believe that an adventure travel outfit is only as good as its guides. Good equipment, food and guides is what makes an outdoor trip an experience to savour.
Trip Terms & Conditions
The tour price is payable 45 days prior to departure. Failure to pay by that date entitles Aquaterra Adventures to cancel your booking without notice and without refund of the deposit if deemed necessary. Prices may be quoted in Rupees / US dollars / Euros. For some special trips, the booking date may be up to 2 months before departure.
If it becomes necessary to cancel your tour, you must notify Aquaterra Adventures India Pvt. Ltd. immediately in writing. Once we receive your notice, cancellation will take effect. Please note that the following charges will apply to cancellation:
- If cancellation takes place more than 45 days prior to departure, your full deposit will be returned except a processing charge of Rs. 5000 or US$ 120; (60 days for Brahmaputra trip)
- If cancellation takes place between 45 and 30 days prior to departure, 50% of the tour price will be forfeited (between 60 and 30 days for Brahmaputra trip);
- and If cancellation takes place less than 30 days prior to departure, 100% of the tour price will be forfeited.
- Some trips attract a minimum processing charge – please check.
- The tour price is quoted as a package.
- No partial refunds or credit will be given for services not used.
- We recommend that you obtain travel insurance upon booking.
Health and Fitness Requirements
Commitment to Hygiene and Safety Protocol:
I commit to disclose my travel and quarantine history to Aquaterra Adventures, and decide to not travel should I have symptoms of infection related to Covid19 or other disease that may spread due to my participation, thereby endangering other people. I also commit to follow guidelines and protocols set up by Aquaterra Adventures, and overseen implementation by its guides, trip leaders on my journey. If I do not, I understand that I may be asked to do so or leave the trip/expedition/journey, to maintain our hygiene and safety protocol.
Participants must be in good health and reasonable physical condition. It is vital that participants with medical problems make them known to us well before departure. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart or bronchial disorders, or if you are a severe asthmatic, or have high blood pressure, you are strongly advised against participating. Expeditions generally take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious problems. Where necessary, evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Medical and evacuation expenses will be the responsibility of the participant.
Our Tour Leaders take their responsibilities seriously and if a tour leader believes in his/her judgment that you should not participate in the trip, before your departure, even if you pass your medical, he/she may exclude you from the trip. In this circumstance, you will be offered the option of taking another trip considered suitable for you or a full refund. If during a trip the tour leader considers you should not participate further he/she may direct you not to continue and you must follow the tour leader’s instructions. In this case, you will not be entitled to any refund. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
Route Changes/Postponement or Delay
Aquaterra Adventures India Pvt. Ltd. may for any reason change the date of departure or conclusion of the tour, or it is possible that a route change, postponement or delay (either in relation to departure or to the duration of the expedition) may become necessary due to inclement weather, snow and ice conditions, political restrictions, epidemics or pandemics or any other cause. In the event of a change, postponement or delay, participants have no right to refund of the tour price (in whole or in part) or other compensation for any injury, loss or damage. Package Prices Package prices are based on ground costs, airfares and exchange rates. Aquaterra Adventures India Pvt. Ltd. tries its utmost not to increase tour prices (in full or part), however sometimes increases are outside its control. We reserve the right to amend tour prices (or any part) without notice at any time before and including the departure date. Amendments may be necessitated for many reasons including, but not limited to, exchange rate fluctuations, increased fuel costs, airfares, airport charges etc. Any increase in tour prices must be paid prior to the departure date. Exclusions From Tour Price The following items are excluded from the tour price: visa, passport and vaccination charges; departure, airport and airline taxes; extra meals not included in the itinerary; laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses, personal travel insurance and items of a personal nature; emergency evacuation charges; and tips and excess baggage charges. Refer to our trip notes for full details responsibility/liability.
If you book an Aquaterra Adventures trek or expedition and then wish to cancel, you will receive a full credit on your current payments for a future trip on the towards one of our already scheduled 2021 departures. You just need to let us know by 45 days before your trip so that we have the opportunity to re-sell spaces and give staff and guides time to plan. Also, if you can’t make a trip within the 45 day period because of travel restrictions that affect your ability to make the trip, we will give a full credit of payments towards a future trip.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
By my online signature/acknowledgement as set forth on the booking form I acknowledge and confirm the following:
- I waive any and all claims I may now and in the future have against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue Aquaterra Adventures India Pvt. Ltd. and its officers, employees, guides, agents or representatives (collectively its staff) or the licensor for any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss sustained by me as a result of my participation in an adventure trip with them, due to any cause whatsoever, including without any limitation, negligence on the part of Aquaterra Adventures India Pvt. Ltd., its staff and licensor.
- I am aware that the adventure trip, in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent, has certain additional dangers and risks, some of which may include: physical exertion for which I may not be prepared; weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change; remoteness from normal medical services; evacuation difficulties if I am disabled. I accept all the inherent risks of the proposed adventure trip and the possibility of personal injury, death or property damage or loss resulting therefrom.
- I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by travel and the activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement, being a reason for my participation.
- I agree that if I suffer injury or illness Aquaterra Adventures India Pvt. Ltd, can, at my cost, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation service, as they deem essential for my safety. In entering into this Agreement, I am not relying on any oral, written nor visual representations or statements by Aquaterra Adventures India Pvt. Ltd. or its staff or any other inducement or coercion to go on an adventure trip, hence, only of my own free will.
I confirm that I have read and understood the terms and conditions of the contract and this agreement prior to signing it and agree that this Agreement will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, and successors.